Monday, December 1, 2014

Using Nature in Christmas Decor (& Holiday House Walk)


Hey friends! I love, love, love adding natural elements to my home décor, especially during the holiday season.
 
I thought I would share a few of my favorite pics that I have come across while editing for some upcoming home tours with you all.  They all highlight fresh pine and pieces of wood.
 
Some pine clippings tied with a velvet ribbon that coordinates with my homes accent color...



A DIY twig and birch tree (tutorial coming soon). I love the simple, graphic feel of this look...
 


 
This is my favorite type of pine...anyone know what it's called?  I love the long, delicate needles....
 



 
...a cute little Christmas tree in an ironstone pitcher is just says perfect holiday to me. 
 



Lastly, some simple logs from the grocery store line a book shelf.
 

 
 
Last thing...and I'm so super excited about it! The Holiday House Walk tours start today! This is my absolute favorite thing about holiday blogging season! My home will be featured on Wednesday, but you can enjoy all of today's tours starting here.
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Angela!

    I love nature at Christmas/Wintertime! You have shown some perfect examples.

    The extra long needles evergreen is called a White Pine. They grow really fast but don't last nearly as long as others such as Blue Sprung or Norfolk Pine. We have several on our property, and give them extra care because they tend to be delicate for disease and such - but I too love them.

    Have a blessed Advent Season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Angela! I am doing mostly natural decorations this year too- a rustic look for sure but I love it because I'd rather not have to pull out tons boxes of Christmas decor and instead just use clippings from outside. If you leave anywhere near I do in NC, that pine may be a longleaf yellow pine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love all the extra green at Christmas time. It's my favorite color :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love how you used items found around woody areas as decor and accent pieces. They're very pleasant and classy, while being uber cost efficient as well, which is a great decorating alternative if one is on a tight budget. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing those lovely inspirations! Wishing you all the best!

    Naomi Walters @ Chicora

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.