Monday, February 1, 2016

French Inspired Book Page Wreath

Over the last several weeks I've been working pretty intently on my home whenever I get a free moment. Lots of painting. LOTS of painting. Some new rug installation and, of course, some crafting. (You can see some of the improvements I've made in one of these pics, but will for sure be doing an entire before and after and project tutorial once I finish one last project.)


So, this wall in my kitchen has three doorways right in a row. I wanted to add some interest and decided to make a book page wreath to hang on the half bath door.



It's a little time consuming, but so easy and inexpensive. Here's what you'll need...an old book with yellowing pages, scissors, pencil, cardboard, plates, hot glue, paperclip.

First, make your wreath form by tracing the shape of a donut on a large piece of cardboard with a pencil and cut it out.


Then, start by removing the pages from the book. Fold each page in half from top to bottom and cut on the fold (it doesn't need to be perfect). Next, fold each of those pages accordion style lengthwise, then, in half (see picture).



Glue each of the folded pages to the wreath form.  I like to do them in concentric circles and as tight as possible to each other to create a very full wreath.




(To hang, I glue a paper clip to the back of the wreath form.)

I love old and yellowed paper so it was important to me to use a really old book, but if you don't care for that look, you could always use something newer, or entirely different...In the past I have use both maps and dress patterns with equally wonderful results.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.